Welcome to the web-editor for the Synth Controller's 'uniCC' edition. It allows selecting free Control Change numbers ('CC') and midi channels ('CH') for each of the knobs on 3 color layers. The input fields 'STP' and 'MAX' are explained below. To populate the 48 input fields the editor offers several tools:
- You can select one of the provided TEMPLATES. We add them manually, if you made a nice setting for e.g. a softsynth mail it to us and we will add it here.
- You can UPLOAD A CSV file, a 'Comma Separated File' - open office template sheet is here. Open it, edit it, export as 'CSV' (with comma as delimiter) and upload it here again.
- Press RESET button to reset the fields to default/example value
- for all 3 layers you can quickly switch to use the BASECHANNEL or INDIVIDUAL CHANNELS. Of course you can input any combination for the channels.
- export a CSV file for further refinement in a spreadsheet application and import again here
- export a SysEx file for dumping into your Synth Controller, running the uniCC edition
- Midichannel CH can be 1-16 or 'b' (without quote signs). b stands for the learnable basechannel as the uniCC edition allows to learn a basechannel.
- valid CCs range from 1-127. Keep in mind some are already reserved (1:ModWheel, 7:Volume, 10:panning, ...)
- STP means 'Steps' and stands for the increment value as you turn the knob. To control switches some devices want to flip the value between 0 and 127, or in steps of maybe 8. In the first case you'd set 127 as STEP, in the second case it would be 8. The knob-turn-distance between the steps is adjusted automatically by the uniCC edition for optimal distribution. If you set STP e.g. to 127, the value will flip in the center position of the knob. When set to 16 it sends 0,16,32,48,64,80,96,112
- MAX sets the maximum value to be reached after the knob is completely turned. Some devices want e.g. ranges between 0...3 to control the waveform. If you set 3 in MAX the uniCC edition will automatically distribute the small range over the whole knob to circumvent getting drastic changes in just the first 5% of the knob turn.
- STP and MAX eliminate each other. If you use STP, set MAX to 0 and vice versa. To simply send the 0-127 range over one knobturn, set STP to 1 and MAX to 0 - which is the default setting after a RESET.