Synth Controller Overview
The Synth Controller is a highly specialized midicontroller allowing realtime edits on your favourite music synthesizer with 16 knobs. At the moment you dial a knob the Synth Controller sends the appropriate command to your synth which immediately changes it’s sound. Completely independent from software and computers.
The midicontroller will be plugged in between the midi sending device and your synth. It merges incoming midi data with it’s own parameter change commands and forwards both to your synthesizer. Means: you can perfectly fire your synth with midinotes while tweaking it’s sound with the synth controller – realtime.
The 16 dials of the Synth Controller are split in 3 color layers, each knob has printed up to 3 parameters under the knob. By pressing one of the 3 immluminated push buttons you select one of the layers. In consequence you got up tp 48 parameters in direct access.
The Synth Controller also got a built in translator converting incoming ordinary CC (‘Controller Change’) data into the complex Sysex commands. You can remote or automate your parameter changes using Midi-CC data. (Translator only present in editions using SysEx-data for parameter changes).
Synth Controller Features
- Synthesizer eardware realtime editor
- High quality and durable parts
- Cute and tough steelcase Made in Germany
- Potentiometers for direct access, (no endless encoders)
- Diode to prevent damage by wrong polarity of PSU
- Faceplate design suitable to the design of the target synth
- Highly optimized, native firmware
- firmware update through Midi-Sysex-Dump
- Built in ‘CC / Sysex’-translator. Automate your synth with ordinary CC-data. (Only in editions using sysEx-data)
- Dials with few value changes (e.g. LFO waveform) just send data if changes really happen. No sending of redundant data.
- Handy ‘turn the pot but dont send data’-feature to prevent parameter jumps
- ‘Bypass Mode’ letting pass all incoming data unprocessed and locking all pots against unintended changes
- Learnt midi channel keeps stored on power down
- Real, printed, 16 paged paper manual included
- Available as DIY-kit or out-of-the-box
Synth Controller Editions
We offer numerous different editions for a series of vintage synthesizers. Each one is carefully designed and highly optimized for it’s target synth. Click the weblinks to open the faceplate graphics in a new browser window:
Frequently Asked Questions
Update 09/2020: in the meantime there is a new firmware available for the Bit One/01/99 allowing parameter edits with Control Change messages. You get it on www.tauntek.com (in Europe through www.undergeek.de). And we also offer an edition now (called “Bit”), suitable for this firmware update.
Some weblinks to youTube demos of the Synth Controllers. They will open in a new window: